Sunday, September 03, 2006

connection

I have been spending time in the garden for the past couple of weeks. A little bit at a time. Weeding and watering and just being there feeling her energy. Its such a blessing that we have this beautiful space there with to remind us of our connection to the earth and how much she provides for us.
I arrived yesterday and knew instantly Teresa had been there working hard that morning. So many weeds were gone and two beds were cleared. It was really exciting to see. While Teresa was out working hard I had been visiting the Turkey Hill folks at the farmers market to get some baby broccoli spouts for our garden. I was hoping to get some chard as well but it wasn't there yet. I headed over to Native nurseries as well and got a few herbs to add to the garden as well.
In the last week I have added some flowing sages and lemon balm. Yesterday I added a stevia plant, pineapple sage and some marigolds. I also planted the broccoli sprouts.
I love being able to add my energy to this amazing space and be able to see the results of the women who have been working in it. Its an amazing wondrous thing.