Monday, November 22, 2004

Blast from the Past

I thought I would share a WAY before picture that I lifted from the www.wemoonspirit.com website archives, so that we could see just how FAR we've come:



Wow! Right?

This weekend's arts and crafts fair was a hit -- the weather held up for us and the garden shone its beautiful best. And we *may* have tantalized a few prospective gardeners to come for our Saturday womanifestation parties!

So I need to share something wonderful. It's the Tallahassee Garden Club's monthly plant exchange, and you can read all about how wonderful it is in Kitty Kerner's article in the October, 2004, Tortoise. (Find it at www.tallyimc.org.)
I walked away from the plant exchange with two beautiful coral sages, a butterfly bush, a big pineapple sage, a few swamp sunflowers, two kumquat trees, several types of lilies and irises, and a tiny kanachoe. I found places for the little darlings in the garden because they were none too happy to have been out of the ground for several hours. Their homes are not permanent, mind you; there is still much planning to be done with regards to the layout and design of the beds. But they at least have somewhere to sleep this winter.

And when I was interring them, I found another of those pretty pinkish snakes, tiny as a worm, just beneath the mulch cover. A google search suggested that this little friend may indeed be a "Worm Snake," but the pictures weren't an exact match so I'm still not sure.